AstraSync Version 4.1 Public Beta 2 is now available for download, adding a new touch screen toolbar to improve ease of use on Storm 1 and 2 devices.
In addition AstraSync now supports AutoDiscover, email draft auto-save, sync pausing and has multiple performance improvements and bug fixes.
The following improvements have been made in AstraSync 4.1 Beta 2 over AstraSync 4.1 Beta 1:
* On screen command button bar for touch screen devices
* Improved performance with better management of background tasks
* Check for update now produces a on screen response even if no update is available
* Improved GAL operation
The following improvements were made in AstraSync 4.1 Beta 1 over AstraSync 4.0:
* Support for AutoDiscover
* Email draft auto-save
* Throttling of background operations to improve performance
* Ability to Pause when synchronizing large numbers of changes
* Ability to create a new contact from email recipients
* Shortcut keys (page up / down etc) now supported on all screens
AstraSync 4.1 includes other enhancements and bug fixes – please refer to the release notes for a list of the most important resolved issues.
To download this version, visit the AstraSync beta portal with your BlackBerry browser: http://www.astrasync.com/beta.
You will need to provide your AstraSync account credentials (email address and password).
You can upgrade from AstraSync 2.2.x, 3.0.X, 3.1.X, 4.0.x to this AstraSync build, however some older devices are not supported for this build.
This is not an exhaustive list if your device is not listed below or in the Unsupported devices list then it may support AstraSync 4.1
82XX Flip devices running OS 4.5 and later
83XX Curve devices running OS 4.5 and later
85XX Curve devices running OS 4.6 and later
88XX devices running OS 4.5 and later
8900 Curve devices running OS 4.6 and later
9000 Bold devices running OS 4.6 and later
95XX Storm 1 and 2 devices running OS 4.7 and later
96XX Tour devices running OS 4.7 and later
9700 Bold devices running OS 5.0 and later
81xx Pearl devices
Release notes can be found at http://www.astrasync.com/beta/astrasync-release-notes.htm